My call for help was answered It was 5 o'clock pm, Tuesday afternoon. Time to go home. I got in my truck and turned the key and heard the battery go "click, click, click," the engine was not turning. My battery was dead. I got out of the truck and lifted the hood and saw the bad shape my battery was in. I called one of my friends for help. His wife answered and said he had left his cell phone at home and he was still at work. I called him at his office and someone answered and she said "oh, he's already gone for the day sir, (small pause) sorry, bye". So, I called my wife and told her that my truck would not start, because the battery was dead. She said "okay, I am on my way to get you". and I said "but babe, we don' t have any jumper cables". "don't worry" she said "I found them in the shed the other day and I'm on my way". As I sat there and waited for her in the hot afternoon. I took off my long sleeve shirt and rolled down the windows, while I waited in my hot truck. Other co-workers passed me by and saw me there in my truck. I didn't ask them for help, as they passed by and while I sat there waiting by myself. I say "I was by myself, but I was never alone, I was there with Jesus." After about an hour passed by, I saw my wife drive up next to me and I got out of my truck and hooked up the jumper cables and got my truck started. We went directly to WalMart and bought a new battery and had it installed, while I waited for another hour. I used the time to reflect on my situation, as I sat and waited outside of WalMart on a bench by myself. Again, I say by myself, but I was never alone. I remember not to long ago, I used to worry a lot. I didn't know how to handle a lot of my situations, without drama or a reaction. Today, I remained calmed with peace of mind. Why is this situation different to me? Is it because, I pray and ask for divine guidance to do the next right thing. What ever it may be. I always try to remind myself each morning to invite Jesus Christ to come along with me, through out my day. That way, I am never alone. I finally had peace, comfort and peace with myself. When we got home, I ate a late grateful dinner. I reached over and told my my wife thank you for helping me today. "I am supposed to help you, I'm your wife" she said. "I know that", I said. "We've been together for the last 12 years and it is important for me to let you know that I don't take you for granted and I also appreciate you. The same way, I value my growing relationship with Jesus Christ." Isaiah 41:10 Don't be afraid, for I am with you ... 08/27/2008
Posted by
Art Castro