Came to serve

He came to serve. He let a woman in Samaria interrupt his rest, a woman in adultery interrupt his sermon, a woman with a disease interrupt his plans, and one with remorse interrupt his meal. Though none of the apostles washed his feet, he washed theirs. Though none of the soldiers at the cross begged for mercy, he extended it. And though his followers skedaddled like scared rabbits on Thursday, he came searching for them on Easter Sunday. The resurrected King ascended to heaven only after he’d spent forty days with his friends—teaching them, encouraging them…serving them. Why? It’s what he came to do. He came to serve. "

As I reflect on what this message means to me. This reminds me, how I have a desire to serve Jesus Christ, brothers and sisters. I want to do his will and not my will be done. I also ask in daily prayer for the power to carry out his will. I find a lot of peace, comfort and serenity when I get out of myself and help others. I know that I find compassion when I am of service to others. Jesus has given us his amazing grace and mercy.

I once worked at a gas station in Del Rio, Texas about 20 years ago. One of my co-workers once said something that I have never forgotten. He said to me, "This is not a gas station, this is a service station. I provide a service to peolpe. "